2013 Film and Talent Competition Winners
- 2013 ABFF Star Project Winners – Actors Latoya Codner and Vladmir Versailles, announced by Kendra Carter, Director of Talent Diversity Initiatives, NBCUniversal.
- UP (Formerly known as gmc TV) UP Faith and Family Screenplay Competition – Keronda “Kiki” McKnight for Mary Jo’s Candy announced by Brad Siegel, Vice Chairman, UP and De’Eta West, UP. Prize of $5,000.
- ABFF Webisode Challenge – “Roomieloverfriends,” written by Dennis Dortch and Numa Perrier, directed by Dennis Dortch, announced by Smokey Fontaine, Chief Content Officer, Interactive One.
- ABFF Comedy Wings, presented by HBO – Comedienne Zainab Johnson, announced by Jeff Friday, ABFF Founder and Dennis Williams, Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility.
- HBO® Short Film Competition – A Different Tree, directed by Steven Caple, Jr., announced by Dennis Williams, Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility, HBO®. Prize: $10,000 and the opportunity to broadcast on HBO in 2014.
- CNN Films Best Documentary Award – Homegoings, written by Christine Turner, announced by Keisha Taylor, Strategic Marketing, CNN.
- Grand Jury Prize for Best Screenplay – Things Never Said, written by Charles Murray, announced by Salli Richardson-Whitfield.
- Grand Jury Prize for Best Actor, presented by Marriot – Shanola Hampton for Things Never Said, announced by Kristine Friend, Sr, Director of Marketing, Marriott International.
- Grand Jury Prize for Best Director – Stephen Lloyd Jackson for Sable Fable, announced by Robert Townsend.
- Grand Jury Prize for Best Narrative Feature, presented by Cadillac – Sable Fable, written and directed by Stephen Lloyd Jackson, presented by Spike Lee and Crystal Wilson, Diversity Communications, Cadillac.
- ABFF Audience Award, presented by Nielsen – Things Never Said, written and directed by Charles Murray.