World Showcase: A non-competitive screening section for narrative features, documentaries, web series and shorts across all genres. Projects submitted to any of the competitive sections will be considered for the World Showcase section should they not be accepted to compete.
Note: Narrative features and documentaries that have had three (3) or more previous festival screenings should submit to World Showcase in lieu of the competitive sections.
Submissions are closed for 2018.
- Writer, director or producer must be a person of African descent
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Competition is open to U.S. and international entries.
- Must be in the English language or contain English-language subtitles.
- Films must have commenced principal photography by no later than January 1, 2017.
- Run Times: please follow the same run times for each the following sections: