ABFF® Star Project
Search for undiscovered talented actors on the verge of stardom. This contest is not intended for seasoned actors. Prior on-screen acting must be limited to walk-on, Under-5 and extra roles.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Entrants submit two (2) video monologues – one pre-selected (from the links below) and one of their own choice (monologue must be two-minutes or less in length)
- Both monologues must be uploaded as one continuous file and clearly labeled as follows:
- First Name, Last Name, 2019 ABFF Star Project
- Up to four (4) semi-finalists will audition live in Los Angeles.
- Two (2) winners will be selected from the audition to receive a trip to the ABFF in Miami Beach, FL. including domestic flight and hotel accommodations for June 12-16, 2019.
- Winners will be recognized during the “Best of the ABFF” Awards Presentation held during the festival on June 15.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a person of African descent.
- Open to permanent, legal United States (“U.S.”) residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands or other U.S. territories).
- ABFF provides each finalist with two (2) festival passes (value $1,400).
- Domestic travel and hotel accommodations (up to four (4) nights) to the 2019 ABFF in Miami Beach Beach, FL. June 12-16
- Additional prizes TBD